Dr. Nick Carr is a leading Vancouver specialist in cosmetic plastic surgery and has been certified as a plastic surgeon by the Fellow of the Royal College of Plastic Surgeons of Canada since 1990. After graduating from UBC with the highest honours in his medical school class, he completed a fellowship year at renowned Harvard Medical School. His commitment to teaching plastic surgery has paralleled his thriving clinical practice; beginning with his appointment as Director of Vancouver General Hospital Plastic Surgery Unit, followed by Program Director of the UBC Plastic Surgery Residency Training Program and finally, as the Head of Plastic Surgery at UBC; a position he has now held for close to a decade. Distinguished for his technical skills and problem-solving capabilities, Dr. Carr is often the “go-to” plastic surgeon in tertiary care and complex cosmetic cases.
After more than 20 years in practice, Dr. Carr is one of Vancouver’s most experienced cosmetic plastic surgeons, specializing in breast, tummy and advanced facial techniques. Dr. Carr has performed hundreds of breast augmentations in his career and is renowned for his pioneer work with endoscopic and minimal incision techniques. Dr. Carr uniquely combines his technical expertise developed over decades with artistic visions to create a safe, natural-looking, esthetically-pleasing outcome for his patients.
Dr. Carr has been credited as one of Canada’s Top Cosmetic Surgeons, and he was peer chosen in 2007-2008 as one of “The Best Doctors in Canada”. His extensive knowledge and expertise in cosmetic surgical procedures has allowed him to be a frequently sought-after lecturer at plastic surgery conferences worldwide, and his personal and thorough approach ensures that his patients enjoy a rewarding experience and the best esthetic outcome. In 2012, Dr. Carr has once again been invited as one of the few Canadian plastic surgeons to be an examiner for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, a prestigious invitation extended to the most respected physicians in their respective specialties. Recently, he has been appointed as a member of BC's Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facilities program.
"I was born and raised in British Columbia and am proud to contribute to the health and well-being of the citizens of this province. I have been in clinical practice in Vancouver since 1990 and am currently the Head of Plastic Surgery at UBC. Over the years, I have made it a priority to maintain my education and skills at the highest standard and have successfully treated thousands of patients.
"My approach is to treat each patient as an individual – just like a member of my own family – offering the best of plastic surgery technology combined with my own experience as to what really works and what is most appropriate for them. I take the time to make sure patients understand all surgical options, what to expect and how much "down time" they will have. Ultimately this ensures a rewarding experience – and the best possible aesthetic results – for all my patients."
Awards / Distinctions
- Honours BSc in Biology, University of British Columbia
- MD, University of British Columbia - Gold Medal for highest ranking at graduation
- Post-Graduate Fellowship - Subspecialty training in hand and microsurgery at Harvard University
- I.B. Holubitsky Memorial Award (1990) - for student with qualities of surgical excellence
- Department of Surgery Post Graduate Training - Master Teacher Award in Surgery (1996-1997)
- Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Northwest Society of Plastic Surgery
- International Confederation of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Board Examiner (Plastic Surgery), the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of British Columbia, Department of Surgery
- Past Medical Director, Plastic Surgery Unit, Vancouver General Hospital and Health Sciences Centre
- Past Director of Residency Training Program for Plastic Surgery, University of British Columbia
- Current Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery, University of British Columbia
- Member of the Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facilities Committee of the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons
Consultations and Appointments
To book a consultation with Dr. Carr, please call us at 604-733-9711 or request an appointment online.