• Dr. Jang was featured on SkinMedica's "Beauty Talk Blog" as their international cosmetic dermatologist. Read about "What's New in Cosmetic Dermatology" here!
• Look out for Dr. Carr on the slopes of Whistler! For the last decade he has volunteered with the Whistler Ski Patrol as the "Doctor on Call". He will be wearing his red medic jacket and attending to "life and limb-threatening injuries"!
• Skinworks and Dr. Jang's were featured in CRAVE Vancouver, the ultimate women's quality-of-lifestyle guide devoted to the best local businesses owned by women. This directory of top local clinics, spas, fitness studios, boutiques (and more) introduces readers to the inspired and dedicated women behind these exceptional enterprises. Read about it here!
• In the spirit of giving, this Christmas the staff at Skinworks raised $640 towards The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society!
• Look for Skinworks' ad in the Vancouver Recital Society's 2012-13 program. Skinworks has been a visionary supporter of the VRS for over a decade and is looking forward to this season's "Music With Heart".
• Best Health magazine interviewed Dr. Jang on her regimen for keeping vibrant & energetic while running a busy practice. She also answers FAQs in regards to injectable dermal fillers and their rapidly growing popularity in North America.
• Dr. Jang was invited to attend a ZO Skin Health course in Beverly Hills where she spent the weekend with Dr. Zein Obagi, skincare visionary. She is very excited to introduce ZO Skin Health to Skinworks - its purpose, unlike many other cosmetic creams, is to promote "Ultimate Skin Health". The meeting focused on utilizing recent advances in skincare science, and included participants from Dubai, Philippines and Europe.
• Zoomer magazine featured Dr. Jang highlighting the most popular treatments among Baby Boomers.
• The Rush featured Dr. Jang in another segment on what's new and emerging in cosmetic dermatology. Topics included common skin conditions and the combination/maintenance therapies used to treat and prevent them. If you missed it, you can watch here!
• Dr. Carr, Head of the UBC Division of Plastic Surgery, hosted Dr. Gurtner, Professor and Associate Chairman of Surgery at Stanford University, at the UBC Grand Rounds. Dr. Gurtner spoke on the topics of "Technology, Innovation and the Future of Plastic Surgery" and "Stem Cells in Wound Healing: From Promise to Reality".
• Shaw TV's The Rush (formerly Urban Rush) invited Dr. Jang back to the now nationally broadcasted show. She demonstrated a live Botox injection and showed us why she is one of Canada's top Botox injectors! Click here to watch the segment!
• The Valeant Advisory Board invited Dr. Jang back to Montreal as the only female cosmetic physician among 12 doctors.
• Dr. Jang participated in a hands-on Sculptra workshop with Dr. Fitzgerald, master Sculptra trainer, along with Dr. Trevidic, a plastic surgeon from France. She found it inspirational to spend a day with an expert anatomist and surgeon, as it was instructional for enhancing outcomes with Botox and volumizing fillers.
• The Georgia Straight’s Best of Vancouver 2012 was announced and Skinworks won Best in Cosmetic Surgery 4 years in a row! Congratulations to L.J. who won our draw for a SkinMedica gift basket!
• The 29th annual Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) was held in Quebec City from September 13-15. This society brings together plastic surgeons to share ideas in latest techniques and technologies, and Dr. Carr will be the incoming President in 2013!
• Dr. Carr was interviewed by Medical Spa MD, an active community of over 5,000 plastic surgeons, dermatologists and aesthetic physicians practicing cosmetic medicine. As a plastic surgeon and educator, he shared his thoughts on the Canadian medical education system. Read the complete article here!
• It’s almost that time again...Dr. Jang spoke to Lisa Evans from Alive magazine and provided some great tips on how to keep your skin looking great throughout the winter months!
• Dr. Jang was invited to attend the SkinMedica skincare summit in Palm Beach, Florida, and was the sole Canadian delegate among approximately 50 American cosmetic physicians.
• Dr. Jang spent a wonderful day visiting Dr. Vyes Herbert’s cosmetic practice in Montreal. She gained insight as to how he utilizes Sculptra and was able to view some live patient demonstrations.
• As a thank you for participating in routine patient surveys—Skinworks donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation children’s charity on your behalf. Thank you all!
• Dr. Jang returned to Los Angeles for further Sculptra training with renowned master trainer, Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald, dermatologist to many Hollywood celebrities. As you may know, Dr. Jang is one of a handful of Canadian dermatologists knowledgeable in using this product and many of her patients are now enjoying the benefits of this subtle, yet natural, collagen stimulation.
• Congratulations to Dr. Carr! He was recently appointed as a member of the Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facilities Committee by the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons. As a key member of this committee, you can be assured that Skinworks’ operating room functions at the highest possible standard.
• Dr. Jang loves pranayana (AKA yoga breathing)! She spoke to John Evans from the Chronicle of Cosmetic Medicine & Surgery about the benefits of yoga breathing as an inexpensive and readily available way to relax patients and mitigate pain during in-office procedures.
• As Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Carr and Dr. Jang hosted the 11th annual UBC Plastic Surgery Resident’s Day on Anvil Island. All trainees along with their partners attended this daylong event as a special welcome to the first year residents at the beginning of the UBC academic year. It features a hike to the “white spot”, much like the Grouse Grind, as well as time spent on the waters of Howe Sound. Spectacular food was served by Dino Renearts, Chef from the acclaimed Pier 7 restaurant.
• Dr. Jang was invited to a roundtable discussion on Sculptra, held during Cosmetic Update at the Trump Hotel & Towers in Toronto. This resulted in an article on “Sculptra’s Expanding Role in Cosmetic Practice” and is to be published in the upcoming edition of The Chronicle of Cosmetic Medicine & Surgery. Dr. Jang was a prominent voice and significant contributor to the article.
• Best Health spoke with Dr. Jang about the gaining popularity of non-surgical procedures like Botox and dermal fillers in North America. Watch out for the next issue of this magazine for her answers to FAQs on these procedures!
• Dr. Jang was a major contributor to the lead article "Aesthetic Medicine 2012 – Significant Advances in Laser Therapy", in the June issue of the Chronicle of Skin & Allergy, a widely read Canadian journal for dermatologists.
• Mark Forsythe of CBC Radio's BC Almanac spoke to Dr. Jang about the benefit of using sunscreens. Dr. Jang also emphasized the importance of sun-avoidance behaviour and sun protective clothing, now widely available. And of course, she always enjoys taking live questions from the phone audience.
• Skinworks is featured in the June-August issue of Dunbar Life Magazine. Check out the article here!
• Elevate magazine published an article by Dr. Jang on the evolution of skincare molecules that protect from sun damage and reverse and prevent signs of aging. She also discussed the importance of having a complete skincare regime including exfoliation and cleansers.
• Dr. Jang was invited as a luminary for Merz introducing Xeomin, a Botox alternative, which was officially approved in Canada in April 2012.
• Dr. Carr and Dr. Jang hosted Dr. Monty Eaves, a past president of the American Society of Esthetic Plastic Surgery while he and Brazilian plastic surgeon wife were in Vancouver attending ASEPS. As Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Carr invited Dr. Eaves to spend a day with his UBC Plastic Surgery residents. Dr. Eaves published the first textbook on endoscopic surgery while he was still a plastic surgery resident-an incredible accomplishment!
• Skinworks maintains platinum level status with Allergan for both Juvederm and Botox! Congratulations to Skinworks for staying on top!
• Dr. Carr was the examiner for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPSC) in Ottawa during the week of May 14. These are the qualifying exams for plastic surgery residents completing their training across Canada.
• Congratulations to Dr. Jang, who is now part of the Sculptra advisory board! Dr. Vlegaar, world-renowned for pioneering work and research in Sculptra, visited Skinworks and held a workshop with Dr. Jang. Dr. Jang also trained with Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD, Dermatology in LA.
• Dr. Jang attended the Pacific Dermatologic Association's Cosmetic Update (CU) from April 26-29 at the new Trump Hotel in Toronto. CU is by invitation only and geared towards the top physicians from around the country who have surpassed others in the field in areas such as techniques, technologies and patient care. Dr. Jang was only 1 of 3 women invited to this prestigious annual meeting where international speakers demonstrated unique and novel techniques and treatments.
• ShawTV's Urban Rush welcomed Dr. Jang back to the show again on April 18. She talked about "lifestyle" skin conditions like acne rosacea, which affect a large group of patients that she sees regularly. Newly available treatments include antioxidants and antiprostaglandins. Click here to view the clip!
• Skinworks made a gift donation in support of the 16th Annual Canadian Cancer Society's Daffodil Ball, which raised over $900,000 this year. Way to go CCS!
• Dr. Jang was featured in the Elevate magazine article "Has She or Hasn't She?" She gave her opinion on whether 42-year-old rock star and mother of two, Gwen Stefani, has had any youth-preserving help.
• ShawTV's Urban Rush invited Dr. Jang to host a segment on February 1. She discussed the benefits of using combination therapy as a preventative measure and a new way of evolving the aging face. Click here to watch the show!