• Dr. Jang & Dr. Carr attended the Cutting Edge Aesthetic Surgery Symposium at the historic Waldorf Astoria in NYC Dec 1-3, 2011. They were among the leaders in their fields to learn about the latest developments in body and facial sculpting including the use of fat to replace loss volume.
• Dr. Jang visited Dr. Vic Narkurur in San Francisco, for the latest tips on fractionated technology including Dual Fraxel and the new Clear & Bright Laser. She also spent time working with Dr. Becky Fitzgerald in LA to learn the latest techniques with non-bruising dermal fillers.
• Christmas charity offerings: Dr. Jang's staff adopted a family to raise over $650 for food and presents for a family in need. The Carr Family held up their family tradition of serving Christmas lunch at the Salvation Army Harbour Light in downtown Eastside, 10 years and running.
• Dr. Jang attended the ASDS Meeting (American Society of Dermatologic Surgery) in Washington, DC. This annual 4 day medical meeting brings together dermatologists from all across North America to share ideas on the latest advancements in dermatology.
• Congratulations to Dr. Carr! He has been promoted to Clinical Professor at UBC, where he has been the Head of Plastic Surgery for close to 10 years.
• Dr. Jang made a guest appearance on ShawTV's Urban Rush. She discussed what to look for in anti-aging creams, wonderful new sunscreens, and why you should use them year round. Incase you missed it, check out the clip on our Videos Page!
• Dr. Jang spoke with writer Jackie Middleton for another article for www.ReadersDigest.ca on tips for beating winter dry skin. She discusses a number of strategies to help this common problem and referred to a number of specific products, and lifestyle modifications.
• Skinworks contributed a $500 valued gift as a charity auction item for the Inspiration Gala. this years BC Cancer Foundation's Inspiration Gala raised $1.5 million to revolutionize cancer care in BC!
• Thank you for voting Skinworks "Best Place for Cosmetic Surgery" in the Georgia Straight's annual Best of Vancouver for the 3rd year in a row - quite the honour!
• Jackie Middleton from Reader's Digest Canada interviewed Dr. Jang to disucuss 6 unusual, but helpful beauty tips that may come in handy. Read the full article online here.
• Dr. Jang introduced Dr. Zein Obagi, dermatologi visionary, on his launch of Zo Health Skincare, the next generation in healthful skincare at Hycroft Mansion. Now available at Skinworks!
• The July/August issue of Elevate Magazine featured Dr. Jang in the article "An Ounce of Prevention" discussing preventative skincare at every age - from your 20's, 30's and into your 60's.
• The North Shore News interviewed Dr. Jang for her expertise on how to treat and prevent teenage acne for the article "How to Zap Those Zits."
• Dr. Jang and Dr. Carr attended the Anthony Summer Soiree Fundraiser on July 19th to help raise over $25,000 for the VGH and UBC Hospital Foundation for the Breast Cancer Reconstruction Program.
• Dr. Jang has been appointed to join the National Editorial Board of the Chronicle of Cosmetic Medicine & Surgery - the only woman on the board!
• Skinworks will be featured in Crave Guides Book - an urban girl's guide to all you crave! Crave features all the best women-owned businesses Vancouver. Look for Skinworks in the next edition!
• Shaw TV's Urban Rush featured Dr. Jang on June 20th. She discussed tips on how to refresh your look before a big date. Missed it? Watch the clip on our Videos Page.
• Elle Canada interviewed Dr. Carr for an article on "How to Treat Facial Wrinkles and Sagging". Dr. Carr discusses the often asked question of when is it necessary to have surgery to treat facial wrinkles as apposed to the use of Botox, fillers and laser. The article will be featured in the September issue of Elle Canada or click here to read it online!
• Skinworks sent two of our patient survey winners to the 4th installment of Pursesuasion, an annual designer bag auction and luncheon which helped raise over $30,000 for Vancouver Opera in schools.
• This spring, Skinworks donated $1000 to help purchase a much needed ambulance for the community of Mahenge, Tanzania in Africa.
• Did you read the March/April issue of Fresh Vancouver Magazine? It featured articles from Dr. Jang and Dr. Carr! Dr. Jang's article, entitled, "What's Hot in Skincare," discussed skincare buzz words like peptides, nanotechnology, organic, antioxidants, and DNA Repair, plus she revealed the hottest skincare product on the market! Dr. Carr's article, "Beyond Skin Deep – The Emotional Connection to Surgery" discussed the affects of surgery beyond the physical changes, including the long lasting effects on overall well-being and lifestyle.
• Zoomer Magazine, Canada's Boomer Lifestyle Magazine, interviewed Dr. Jang for an article about skincare tips, Botox, dermal fillers, and how to improve tired looking skin. Watch for it in the June issue!
• Dr. Jang has been invited to join the Allergan National Advisory Board. As the only female specialist on this 10 member Canadian panel, it is quite an honour. Congratulations Dr. Jang!
• Did you see Dr. Jang on Breakfast Television on Tuesday, April 19th? She discussed the latest treatments in cosmetic dermatology, including the dermal filler Juvederm, and its various applications in re-volumizing the face to create a more rejuvenated appearance. Visit our Videos Page to view the clip!
• Did you see Dr. Carr in the January/February issue of Fresh Vancouver Magazine? His article, "The Yin and Yang of Breast Surgery," discussed key factors to consider in breast enhancement and breast reduction surgery.
• Did you see Dr. Jang in The Globe and Mail newspaper on January 10? She talked about how to heal a tender nose during cold and flu season, and recommended using moisturizing tissues to help prevent chaffing and applying Vaseline at night to seal in moisture.
• Dr. Jang attended the FACES meeting in Boca Raton, Florida, where she met with dermatologists across Canada to discuss the latest trends in cosmetic enhancement. World renowned cosmetic specialist, Dr. Steve Fagien, gave an inspirational talk on new injection techniques with Juvederm and Botox.
• Dr. Carr attended the annual meeting of the Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons from February 12-16 in Sun Valley, Idaho. He was the moderator for the afternoon of February 13th, for sessions including Massive Weight Loss Body Contouring, Tumescent Techniques, the Liquid Facelift with Dermal Fillers, and Lower Eyelid Rejuvenation
• Vanessa Craft from More Magazine interviewed Dr. Jang about Retinol and peptides: what they are, who should use them, and their anti-aging benefits to the skin. Watch for it in the May issue!
• The online wedding directory idoo.ca featured Dr. Jang as their dermatology expert for a number of weeks from February to April. She answered reader questions about how to prepare your skin for "the big day," and discussed microdermabrasion, Botox and acne therapy.
• Dr. Jang met with fifteen of the top dermatologists across Canada at the annual Cosmetic Update meeting in Cancun, Mexico to discuss the latest trends in cosmetic rejuvenation. Hot topics included the use of PRP (platelet – rich plasma) to build collagen and thicken the skin, as well as the latest advancements in Zerona for body contouring.